Monday, March 29, 2010

i♥faces photo challenge entry - North Texas Children's Photographer

Over at i♥faces, they run weekly photo challenges and this week the challenge is "Dramatic B&W". I've never entered a photo challenge before but when I saw this theme, I automatically thought of this photo and said to myself, "Well - you can't get any more dramatic than THAT!" What do you think? Do I have a chance?



This is one of my best friend's daughter, Avery. I did a session with her a couple weeks ago for her 9th birthday. We were doing some shots on a bridge and I noticed this tree around the corner that was screaming at me to photograph. She did an amazing job posing for me and I love how the shots turned out. For this photo I added a textured overlay and then applied a textured border. All the images from this session can be seen in galleries on my flickr, Facebook or MySpace pages if you want to check them out. (Links to the right >>)

There are tons more entries to the "Dramatic B&W" challenge at i♥faces, click their button below to see the other amazing shots!

15 comments:

  1. simply gorgeous!! i love tree photos, and this tree is so cool! it is great how the girl stands out in her light dress... wow... just love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Tangie!! I'm a sucker for tree photos as well, in full bloom or winter hibernation, love them all! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh...very dramatic! Love the tree, it's branches, love the dress, and the vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes that is very dramatic & beautiful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for letting me know! I uploaded the image from an outside site and relinked it; hopefully, it works now.

    Wow! Your photo is amazing! I love photos of trees and branches and this is one of the best I've seen. Very dramatic indeed.

    Adding your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love trees that are done in B&W and the little girl is a perfect addition to the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Hollywood - Yes! I re-checked your blog and it's working now! Thanks for the add and the photo love!! =) (I added your blog as soon as I read the about me section on it!)

    @Amy & Anya - Thank you both so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is gorgeous! I love the tree, love the composition. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. *ding ding ding* we have a winner! This is a GREAT entry! Totally captures what I believe to be the essence of this week's challenge! You really "get it"

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Liz - Thank you!!

    @Mooney - Awww! What a nice comment! Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is GORGEOUS!! I have always been a huge fan of trees--especially ones with branches like these--and I love how this image creates a relationship between the tree and that beautiful girl. It just makes me want to make a thousand wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the wonderful thoughts Jess!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...