Sunday, March 07, 2010

March 6th, 1999

Eleven years ago yesterday I had the privilege of photographing my first wedding. I was the ripe old age of 17 and it was my parents wedding. As soon as they broke the news that they were tying the knot, I exclaimed that I would be their official photographer. Even though my camera was a cheap-o, non-zooming, 35mm piece of crapola - they agreed to let me do it!

Bare in mind it was also a TINY front-yard ceremony with all of about 15 people in attendance. It was still my first gig (albeit non-paying) and I don't think I did too terrible of a job! =) I do remember begging them to move it from the front yard to the backyard. From a photography perspective the neighboring backyards would have been a better backdrop than the street and neighboring driveways. But they denied my attempts, so all the photos have the street and vehicles in the background! But as I see it, that's their fault - not mine! =)

Anyways, Happy Anniversary to my loving parents who support me in all my endeavors (except in trying to get you to change your wedding locale!). Love you guys! Here's to another eleven! xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...