Thursday, March 04, 2010

Client Tips

Sessions typically last 1-2 hours, however barring other appointments, I will keep shooting until we get all the shots that you desire! We can meet at your home, at another location of your choice or my suggestion. If there are any weather complications leading up to or during the session, we will reschedule for another day. Approximately one to two weeks later, your online gallery with at *least* 20-30 images will be ready to view and order from.


The Props


I have an ever-growing array of props to use in you session - from luggage to costumes. I've got quite a collection and it grows by the day! Props can add a touch of whimsy or they can even take your session to another time all together. Prior to your session we will discuss what kind of shots you desire and I will bring props accordingly as well as any props you request. And I encourage clients to bring props they already have in their home as using your own possessions can add different meaning to your photographs. This is all something we will discuss before-hand and feel free to check out my prop galleries on Facebook and MySpace.



The Clothes


Newborns are best photographed in their birthday suits. I have several props (and tricks!) to use to get the coziest positions and cutest portraits! Keep clothing simple and let your baby command the focus of the photo! A cute hat/headband or their favorite "lovey" are great additions. Newborn sessions typically take the longest and I am more than happy to be patient and wait during feedings and to give the baby breaks so that he/she does not get over-stimulated.

Family clothing should reflect what you wear in real life. If you don’t normally walk around wearing formal-wear, it’s a good sign you shouldn’t wear it for your shoot! Let your style, and that of your kids, shine through! I would like to say that color coordinating is best for photos. You don't have to all wear the same outfit, but try to wear things that compliment each other. If you need further ideas or suggestions we can talk about this when you schedule your appointment. Try not wear anything too busy or with multi prints/patterns, it generally distract in the photos.

High School seniors and couples are encouraged to bring multiple clothes changes. Something trendy, something classic, something formal - but always YOU. Don't forget the accessories! Earrings, necklaces, bracelets, the perfect shoes -- bring it all! If you play sports or are in a club - bring something that reflects your hobby, it will add more of YOU to your portraits.

Don't wait until the last minute to decide what you are going to wear! With any luck you'll be thinking of the perfect shirt and will find it at the bottom of a laundry basket half an hour before your appointment! So plan ahead and have it all gathered and ready.

Also, check out my new What 2 Wear series for further tips and tricks.



The Shoot


I would love for all my clients to feel comfortable and relaxed during their sessions. Don't be shy! Just be YOU. I was to capture your personality. I want to capture real moments. I wont be doing many formally posed shots were I ask you to say "cheese". I prefer candid, fun photos that will document you as you truly are. If we are doing couple or family photography - feel free to act like I am not even there! =) I won't take it personally and you will come out with some amazing photographs! This is your chance to be a celebrity/supermodel for the day - enjoy it and you will have amazing photos to show off!



Locations


Where we shoot depends on you. If you like the urban feel of "downtown" photography, we can roam around downtown Gainesville and shoot by all the fabulous rustic old buildings. If you prefer more nature in your shots we can go to either Gainesville or Callisburg Park and have lots of lush greens in your photos. If you want more of a homey feel, I can shoot in your living room or backyard! We will scout out the perfect location to make sure you get what you want from your photos. From train tracks to flower gardens, we will make it happen!

I am planning to have a mobile indoor studio to bring right to your door, look for that option coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...