Thursday, March 04, 2010

Meet the Photographer

Hi! My name is Jessica Bilbrey. I grew up in Arlington, Texas and now live in Gainesville, Texas with my daughter. I have been pursing my photography career for nearly seven years now here in Cooke County! Its been a great experience getting to know and love the families I have taken photos of-some of them have turned into lifelong friendships! Being a single mom, I do have to make ends meet, so photography isn't my only job. I also work at a local law firm and part-time retail. Yes, I have a very busy schedule with the mom life, three jobs and trying to spend time with my significant other. At least its never dull!



I've always been that girl who has her camera in-hand every time you see her, beginning when my Mother finally started letting me use her crappy 35-mm camera (and buy the film!) and drag it to school to take photos of my friends. Granted, my abilities have increased substantially over the years - but I am still the same girl, camera in-hand wanting to capture every moment I can. (Yes, I still have those early 6th grade photos and YES, I do torture my old friends on Facebook with them! haha!)

When my friends and family started having children, I became the baby paparazzi and have nearly blinded all the children with my flash! I have gone through countless rolls of film snapping away at their precious little faces. Luckily when my own daughter was born - the digital age was in full swing and I've been able to take thousands upon thousands of photos of her!

As with the end of the film era, came many more opportunities to take as many photos as possible and hone my skills and eye as a photographer. Over the last few years I've been taking steps to really take amazing photos and have been learning all the ins and outs of digital image manipulation. I love being able to adjust the pixels to create works of art with my photos.

For as long as I can remember, I have looked at the world from the point of view of taking a photograph. On a daily basis, I see tons of things that would make a great photo. If my brain and eyes worked like a camera, I would have millions of photos from the mental snap shots I have taken!

I consider myself to be a unique person. I'm one of those outside-of-the-box'ers, but yet I am still best friends with people inside the box! I am a Gemini and totally see both the ying and the yang side of everything. My uncommon way of seeing the world definitely shows in my photography. I love to capture my subject's own unique energy and especially the small things - precious moments, secret glances - all the tiny details.

Feel free to read through my blog posts, as you will get to know me a little more. I am very candid and open. The better you know me, the more comfortable you will be with me when I take your photos. And the more relaxed you are, the more of your true self will come out in your images.

I can't wait to get to know you and most of all, capture you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...