Friday, January 22, 2010

A Mother Remembered

So, you know how I told you that when I walk through a cemetery, some stones just seem to call to me and 'ask' to be photographed? Well, I was looking through the photos I took at Ables Cemetery near Bulcher, Texas and stumbled upon a small part of a Mother's heartbreaking history.



I was studying this photo, trying to read what the stone said. Turns out this is the grave of M.F. Jordan, (wife of W.T.) born January 10th 1856, died February 2nd 1885. A couple of photos later I came across this one again...



These are M.F.'s (I want to call her Mary for some reason) children, a daughter who died July 30th 1881 and her son who died February 2nd 1885. I looked at M.F's stone again and realized that she and her son must have died while she was in labor or shortly thereafter and I was just overwhelmed with sadness for her and her children.

And then I thought, how crazy it was that in my walk through the Cemetery I took a picture of both her stone AND her children's stone. So I wanted to take this moment to remember M.F. as well as her daughter and her son. May they rest in peace.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for commenting! I am glad that you are enjoying my little blog so far and can't wait to hear any future thoughts you may have on my postings! =) -Jess

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...