Tuesday, December 29, 2009

3 days of editing...COMPLETE!

Back in October I set up a photo booth at my niece's Girl Scout event, The First Annual Cooke County Girl Scouts Halloween Hoedown. (That's a mouthful!) My Mom is the troop leader for Troop 4600 and agreed to take over the fall event which before was just a "Hoedown". Since my family is alllll about Halloween, we twisted it to incorporate October's festive delights!

Now, I wish my only duty of the day was photography - but alas I had many other jobs as well like set-up, decorating, wrangling my 3 year old daughter, game management, costume contest judging, etc, etc, etc... But, I still love the way the photos came out (most of them anyways!).

Of course this was right about the time I filled my hard-drive to the brim with photos and both of my disc burners went out on me. (I know - right?) Of course I always have my trusty step-father who is a computer whiz to help me out but with incompatible software and busy schedules, I only just now had the chance to upload and edit the batch of photos from the Halloween Hoedown. Since all attending troops were promised photo discs, I added some extra flair to the girl's photos to make it worth their wait.



I created some enhancements to spice up the photos with some Halloween flair, the first is "Creepy Colors" where an eerie glow is cast upon the photos and the second was "Funhouse Faces" where I took the girl's faces and warped them like those crazy fun house mirrors do! It took FOREVER, but I think it was worth it! The results are too funny and I can't wait to find out what all the Girl Scouts think of their silly alter-egos! =)

Here are some of my favorites:

Before


After "Funhouse Faces"


Before


After "Funhouse Faces"


Before


After "Funhouse Faces"


You can view the rest of the best here on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...